A fast growing, well established investment advisory firm is seeking a team oriented individual to join its operations staff. Ideal candidate would have 5+ years of financial services industry experience, a thorough knowledge of investments, and a business degree. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access is required. Candidates with an operational background as well as a demonstrated history of improving processes will be given strong consideration. Excellent opportunity for a team-oriented candidate seeking daily interaction with management team.
- Daily interaction with clients and prospective clients.
- Process client and prospective client requests.
- Client account trading and re-balancing.
- Responsible for the distribution of approved marketing materials.
- Position involves daily interaction with multiple custodians.
- Preparation of reports for the CEO and management team.
- Must develop thorough understanding of firm mission statement and operations.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- 2 or 4 (preferred) year Business Degree.
- 5+ years experience in financial services industry.
- Strong computer skills are mandatory; proficient w/MS Office.
- Able to learn and navigate custodian based websites. Must also be able to learn customized computer programs.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ideal candidate is detail-oriented.
- Able to perform efficiently in a fast-paced and demining environment. Must be able to deal easily with multiple issues and tasks.
- Ability to recognize risk issues and implications. Knows when to ask questions before taking action and when to refer problems or issues to the next level.
- Approaches all situations with positive outlook, energy and enthusiasm. Is a self starter who takes individual ownership for work quality and improvement.
- Leads by example, working with drive and determination.
- Shows Initiative and creativity, taking a long-term approach to improvement and resolution of issues.
- Demonstrates integrity and business-appropriate behavior.