Investment Advisor / Financial Consultant
Join a growing Registered Investment Advisor with opportunity for advancement.
Mainstay Capital Management is an independent, fee-only, Registered Investment Advisor with $3.8 billion in assets under management. Mainstay has been ranked by Barron's as one of the "Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors" in the country for the past 13 years and is also a Forbes "Top 100 Wealth Advisor".
Mainstay Capital Management is seeking an experienced Financial Advisor for our Troy, MI office and one for our Grand Blanc, MI office to help service our expanding client base. Our advisors are paid a base salary plus a generous quarterly bonus and other bonuses. Base salary ranges from $60,000 to $150,000 (dependent on experience level). Additional annual bonuses range from $30,000 to $120,000. We also provide a generous signing bonus.
We do not have sales targets. This is not a high pressure sales environment. It is not commission based. We take exceptional care of our clients, and because we do so, we have significant referral business. We are a company that believes in taking care of clients first and the rest will follow.
$20,000 Signing Bonus
$90,000 - $250,000 per year
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) matching
- Vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- Professional development assistance
Position responsibilities include:
- Managing existing client relationships.
- Developing new client relationships.
- This position is client relationship focused with no product sales or quotas to meet. Previous book/AUM not necessary.
- Candidate is responsible for understanding and communicating client's goals, simplifying complicated financial concepts for clients, and ensuring the firm is meeting the client's broad range of financial needs.
- Candidate must be a flexible, open-minded team player with excellent organizational and communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred (preference in finance or business).
- Minimum three years of work experience investment/finance industry.
- Solid understanding of financial markets and investments.
- Ideal candidate has experience advising clients with retirement planning, asset allocation, estate planning, employee benefits, tax planning and insurance.
- Industry related designations (or working towards) such as CFP, CFA, or CPA preferred.
- Experience with a retirement planning software program such as RightCapital or MoneyGuide Pro preferred.
- Ambition, high energy, and strong desire to succeed.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
About Mainstay Capital Management
Mainstay Capital Management is an independent, fee-only, Registered Investment Advisor with more than $3.8 billion under management. Our CEO, David Kudla, is ranked the #1 "Top Independent Financial Advisor" by Barron's and "Top Wealth Advisor" by Forbes in Southeast Michigan. At Mainstay Capital Management we are committed to providing professional, personalized service. Additionally, with our staff of Certified Financial Planners and Chartered Retirement Counselors, Mainstay offers advice and develops comprehensive solutions for any financial aspect of our client's life.