Ford is offering a Special Incentive Program (SIP) to certain Ford salary employees. What makes the SIP a more generous offer by the company, based on historical packages, is the “Severance Benefit” for years of service. The “Reemployment Assistance” program is also worthwhile to those younger employees who choose to separate but are not yet ready for full retirement.
For those evaluating a buyout offer, there are important factors to consider:
- Am I prepared financially to retire?
- Should I consider the pension lump sum?
- Have I developed a comprehensive Financial Plan?
- How will the SIP offer impact my retirement decision?
- Are my investments allocated appropriately for this important life event?
- What should I do with the assets in my SSIP when I retire?
- Are there investment products or strategies I should avoid?
Mainstay Capital Management is a fee-only, independent investment advisor that provides portfolio management and retirement planning services as well as counsels hundreds of Ford employees on buyout offers. We can provide a comprehensive Retirement Income Analysis, help evaluate "what-if" scenarios, and assist in making informed decisions concerning any buyout offer.
Call Mainstay Capital Management toll-free at 1‑866‑444‑6246 to discuss your personal situation with a Certified Financial PlannerTM.